Become a LIDA Certified Birth or Postpartum Doula
LIDA is pleased to offer training and certification for both birth and postpartum doulas. Becoming a Long Island Doula Association, Inc (LIDA) doula means that you will have met the high standards of doulas on Long Island. It means that you are trained to support a woman physically and emotionally, as well as being educated to help her determine the services and information that she needs during pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period.
Once certified, it is your responsibility to maintain continuous membership with LIDA, Inc and to recertify every three (3) years. Please see the Membership Policy and the Recertification Policy for more information.
Why choose LIDA as your certifying body?:
- Training for both birth support and postpartum support taught by trained professionals with over 40 years combined experience who understand how to navigate the hurdles facing childbirth on Long Island
- Belonging to a community of doulas on Long Island
- A network of local resources
- Membership in a local, reputable, diverse, not-for-profit
- Strong community based doula support including monthly meetings, events, continuing education workshops and seminars, and an active members only Facebook page.
- Our Families in Crisis Fund offers a wonderful chance for newer doulas to gain paid experience while simultaneously filling a great need in our community
- Our "Big Sister/Little Sister" Mentor program. In the Big Sister/Little Sister mentoring program you will be matched up with an experienced doula who can provide guidance and support to you through your certification and early birth worker experiences.
Get started on your doula journey by registering here!