LIDA's Big Sister/Little Sister Mentoring Program
In the Big Sister/Little Sister mentoring program you will be matched up with an experienced doula who will provide guidance and support to you through your certification and early birth work experiences. LIDA members in good standing with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a birth doula, may participate in the program as a Big Sister. (it is not mandatory for an existing member to participate in this program)
Little Sister responsibilities
- Must be a LIDA member
- Adhere to LIDA’s Code of Ethics and Standard of Practice
- Required to communicate with their Big Sister at least once a month (including before and after any births)
Big Sister responsibilities
- Provide your little sister reasonable communication access (Text, phone, email)
- Make every effort to have at least one face-to-face meeting
- Guidance and support throughout the certification process
- Adhere to LIDA’s Code of ethics and Standard of Practice
- A thorough knowledge of educational resources
Participation in the Big Sister/Little Sister mentoring program is mandatory for all candidates in the LIDA Birth and Postpartum Doula Certification process and is available to any member in good standing who wishes it. (All certifying applicants are automatically enrolled in this program)
All LIDA certified birth and postpartum doulas participating in this program as a Big Sister will receive Certifying Credits towards their LIDA recertification.
If you are interested in participating in the mentoring program as either a "Big" or "Little" Sister please fill out the form below.